When meeting with someone battling cancer for the first time, volunteers from Hope Center present a Hope Tote filled with items that will bring comfort to a cancer patient . The totes include handmade fleece blankets, a bible, a Hope Center travel cup, a port pillow, lip balm, lotions, handmade cards and more. All items have been hand-selected by those who have experienced cancer treatment.
To request a Hope Tote for a family member, friend, neighbor or co-worker facing cancer, please complete this form.
Each Hope Tote includes a homemade fleece blanket. Two, two yard pieces of fleece is needed to make each adult blanket. We continuously deplete our supply. Blankets are accepted all year long. (Click here to see instructions on how to make one.)
Hope Tote items to collect:
- Original scent hand sanitizer (Target or Walgreens brand)
- Hard covered journals
- Adult coloring books
- Soduku or word search books
- Travel games: UNO, Pass the Pig etc.
- Decks of playing cards
- 8 or 12 count Crayola colored pencils
- Men’s hats
- Women’s hats
- Scent-free/Flavor-free lip balm
- Handmade cards with notes of encouragement
- Fleece blankets (Click here to see instructions on how to make one.)
- Port pillows (Click here for instructions on how to make them.)