Hope Center‘s Butterfly Trail Run & Walk will be held on Sunday, June 11th at Stoney Run Park. This event is a celebration of cancer survivors and Hope Center families! The forecast says 74 degrees at 8 a.m.—race time! It will be 78 degrees by the 9 a.m. kids run—much better than 92 degrees later in the afternoon.
- Race Day Check-In/Registration: 6:30 to 7:30 a.m.
- Pre-Race Stretching: 7:30 a.m.
- The timed run will begin at 8 a.m.
- The walk will begin at 8:15 a.m.
- The kids’ run will begin at 9:00 a.m.
- Our survivors’ celebration will take place at 9:30 a.m. Trent Josleyn will sing the National Anthem. Chrystie Paul, a research nurse from Rush Hospital, will be our guest speaker. Medals will be awarded for each age category for the run.
If you are one of the first 100 participants who registered for the event, you will receive a gift bag when you check-in. If you ordered an event t-shirt, your shirt will be in your bag.
If you didn’t register online, online registration is now closed. You will be asked to complete a registration form and waiver at the event. Check and cash will be accepted as payment—no credit cards. Registration is $20 per participant for the walk or run.
We’ll be collecting items for our Hope Center Hope Totes at the Butterfly Trail Run & Walk in the registration area. Please bring hand sanitizer, hard covered journals, adult coloring books, word search books, travel games, playing cards, 12 count Crayola colored pencils, men/women’s hats and scent-free/flavor-free lip balm to donate. Hope Totes are given to those facing cancer to bring them comfort.
Goldstar Cafe and Catering will offer breakfast items. They will be located under the big pavillion. They will sell muffins, cinnamon rolls, fruit cups, bagels, yogurt parfait, coffee, juice and other delicious items from 7 a.m. until 10 a.m. A portion of proceeds will be donated to Hope Center.
Survivors will be celebrated and presented with gifts from C & M Landscaping at the Survivors Tent.
Be sure to visit the Hope Center table to pick up information about Hope Center programs. Hope Center T-shirts will be available for sale for 15. Bracelets will be available for $12.
Can’t make Hope Center’s 2017 Butterfly Trail Run & Walk, but want to support programs for Northwest Indiana families facing cancer? You can make an online donation! Visit www.ButterflyTrailRun.com.
Stoney Run Park is located at 142nd Avenue in Hebron, IN.
All funds raised will support Hope Center programs and activities. Cancer patients, survivors and their families never pay for Hope Center programs and activities. All programs are funded by donors.
- Download the event poster.
- Download a 1/2 page flyer to share with friends.
- Download the coloring sheets for your kids to color.